Sunday, September 02, 2007

SEVEN YEARS AT Q104.....

When I arrived in Cleveland seven years ago, I had no idea I would end up co-hosting the morning show. It's been an exciting time in my life full of many great memories and challenges. In fact, when I started co-hosting the show a couple of years ago, I had no idea that the WILDE AND FEE show would grow in to what it is today. At the time, I figured I was just filling in until a new co-host for Rebecca arrived. My early time on the show was tough for me personally and I'm sure tougher for the listeners. It can be difficult accepting a new voice on to the radio in the morning. With a lot of strong support from my family and the people here at Q104, I have been given a chance of a lifetime. It is awesome to wake up and play on the radio each morning. Working with strong talent like Rebecca, Glenn and Nick and having support from an excellent managment team has made all the difference. Skppy's coaching and Chris Maduri (our big big boss) guidance have helped us grown into a a show we are proud of.
It's hard to believe it's been 7 years in Cleveland. The time has rolled quickly. Our show has built a wonderful following. The people we meet, who write in and call are awesome! They truly have been like a family to us.
Off air, life in Cleveland has been awesome. From starting a soccer league to taking full advantage of all that Northeast Ohio has to offer, it's been a great ride.....here's to seven more years!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much recall that February 2004 day after Danny had left for Florida, and the P.D. decided he'd give mornings a try.

Wow, was the transition was awkward; I can't lie about that. At times, it was obvious to the listeners that you were uncomfortable.

When you decided to just be yourself, the show took off. Who knew that you had to talent to exceed Danny's abilities? Today, you are a legitimate big-time morning host. Take a bow.

You turned a question mark into an exclamation point!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allan,

Congratulations on seven wonderful years at Q104. It's very exciting to see Wilde and Fee become what it is today.

It was great being a part of it and I wish you happiness and success. Here's to seven more!

You and Rebecca are more exciting to listen to than those guys on Mix.

Take care and be at peace.

Tristan

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allan,
You are the best. Your introspectiveness and willingness to share stories about your personal life are appreciated.

I don't feel as bad that I sleep on the couch every night.

Be at Peace.

Rebecky

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home