Sunday, September 02, 2007

THE RETURN TO FIRESTONE....

On Sunday, I played FIRESTONE's SOUTH COURSE for the third time. The South Course is the famous course where the PGA holds a tournament every year. As a golfer, it's a great thrill to play a course where EVERY major golfer who has played the game has played. My goal has been simple; to break 100 at Firestone on The South Course. Today, I missed a thirty-foot putt from off the green on the 18th hole that would have given me a 99 !
As I stood in the tee-box at the famous 18th hole, I knew I had to make par to break 100. After I posed for this pic, I proceeded to launch the ball to the left trees. I had gotten out of trouble and gave myself a shot at par with a long putt....but it missed....UGH! The "CURSE OF FIRSTONE" strikes again! On that same hole a few years ago, I stepped up to the tee-box needing only a 9 to break 100 .....would you believe I hit into the trees, tried to hit out, hit out again and totally torched the hole?!?!?! I missed a short 5-foot putt that would have given me a 99! Instead, I shot a 10 on the 18th hole!!!!! UGH!!!! I need to reverse the curse!
This is a view of the famous 18th hole at Firstone from the tee-box. The golf course is gorgeous and was in excellent shape today. Thanks to Lethargic Mark, Mike and Ron for all the laughs and good times on the course! Next time, I break 100......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home