Sunday, July 16, 2006

THE POOL PASS...


PHOTO: I snapped this pic of my daughter poolside over the weekend...after we finally got into the pool area.

Honesty is not always the best policy....while taking my daughter to the pool in our development over the weekend, my daughter kept saying that Mom had the pool pass. I kept trying to hush her and explained that I would take care of it. When it was our turn to sign in, my daughter turned to the pool attendant and said, "We don't have a pool pass!" The woman explained that we would not be able to come in. I tried to explain that my wife had the pass and that we were clearly members of the pool. She said, "I'm sorry, but if you dont' have a pass, you can't enter the pool". Teaching our kids to tell the truth is not always the best thing to do...especially when you are on DADDY PATROL and Mom has all the parental credentials...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Allan!

I heard your conversation this morning and some of the calls that came in about the things kids say that are horrible but we think are funny anyway. I didn't have a chance until now, but wanted to comment.

It's funny that you brought this topic up when you did. I spent this past weekend with my parents (who are in their 50s and 60s), my 76 year old grandmother, and my 5 year old niece. We were getting ready to head to my grandma's pool on Saturday and my niece said something about my grandma and my parents not going in the pool because they were "too old." She looked right at my grandma at that point and said "You have an old face." Hilarious! She might have been offended had it been anyone else saying it! Later that night my mom was giving my niece a bath and my niece looked right at my mom and said "I love you, Grandma. I'm going to miss you when you croak." We really hope that won't happen anytime soon, but it sure did give us all a laugh!

Just had a to share! Thanks for a great morning show!

-Amy from Lakewood

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allan...that's a great story!! I'm glad you made it into the pool area! :0)

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home