Sunday, September 03, 2006

THE BEER LADY: ROSE MISIC

A couple of years ago, one of my lifelong goals was answered when I caught a homerun ball at The Jake. As a huge baseball fan, it was a great thrill to be on the porch when CASEY BLAKE blasted a homerun that I caught as it bounced once and into my hand. It's amazing how you become a mini-celeb as you walk around the ballpark and people recognize you as the guy who caught the ball.
As I walked around the ballpark that night, I took a few pictures with Slider, a random fan and a very kind beer lady named ROSE MISIC.
I posted the picture on our website and it was later spotted by a listener who knew who the beer lady was. ROSES's daughter Denise reached out via email to let me know that the picture was her mother.
Several months ago, ROSE became ill and DENISE kept in touch with me updating her mom's health. In July, ROSE was able to return to The Jake, this time as a fan.
ROSE passed away on Friday. She was 76 years old. I can't say I knew her, but she gave me a big smile when I talked to her at The Jake that day. I was sad to learn that she had passed away, but impressed with her daughter Denise. Denise stayed in touch on behalf of her mom. She cared for her mom during a very trying 14 months. I may not know them hardly at all, but I do know they are special people and that ROSE will be missed.

I agree with DENISE, every picture does tell a story...

Hi Allan,

My mom passed away early yesterday (Friday) morning. I was with her at the nursing home, and she passed peacefully. She's no longer suffering.

The wake is Monday and the funeral is Tuesday. It will be in the paper tomorrow.

The tribe won last night. I bet they did for mom.

Mom is up in heaven, teaching God how to polka, and serving beer to people, including her brother Tony, who passed away unexpectedly in June.

Thanks again for taking the picture with her, and asking about her. They say every picture has a story.

thanks again.

Denise Vescuso






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home