Tuesday, January 09, 2007

"MR. FEE" GOES BACK TO SCHOOL...

Every couple of weeks, I have the opportunity to volunteer at Gabby's school. The experience is priceless and I usually end up learning something. I'm very lucky that my schedule gives me the opportunity to visit her school and get to know her teacher and classmates. I feel particularly old, however, when the kids refer to me as "Mr. Fee". But I do get a kick when they ask, "Mr. Fee, can I get a drink of water?"
On Tuesday, I stopped by my daughter's class to help teach symetry. It is quite evident that I won't be seeking my masters in teaching anytime soon. I truly had a blast and Gabby enjoyed seein' DADDY at school . I'm told I should enjoy that as long as I can...the clock is tickin'.... 7 becomes 16 pretty quick I hear!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful you're able to volunteer at Gabby's school. I was fortunate enough to be able to volunteer at the school for my 3 daughters. It really means a lot to the kids. I have such a good relationship with all my kids, even know that they're in college.

On Wednesday's show, the topic of a school in Florida contacting the parent of a child being overweight was discussed. I totally agree with you and Rebecca. Parents need to take responsibility. Even one caller blamed the school for serving hot dogs and french fries. Well, PACK THEIR LUNCH THEN! The parents now are so quick to blame anyone but themselves.

I am done venting now.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! I'm sure she loves having you come in!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home