Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DANIEL POWTER VISITS WILDE AND FEE

At the time, this seemed like a festive pose for DANIEL POWTER and I. After further review, it's probably a tad too chummy. I sincerely admire Daniel both personally and professionally. He is awesome with his fans and is an all around kind person. I am proud to say that Daniel and I share the same hometown of Vancouver, Canada.

Rebecca and I enjoyed dinner with Daniel before the show at HOUSE of BLUES last night along with listener Krista and listener Michelle. We talked a lot about Daniel's experience with AMERICAN IDOL and learned a great deal about him personally. I was surprised to hear of his battle with drugs. He credits his parents for getting him through that difficult time. When you talk with him, it is quite clear that he enjoys his craft and is creating music for much deeper reasons than record sales and attention. I think that is what makes him such a special artist.

Some feedback from our listeners.....

Hey AF Great seats, great show - you know I love that guy - so much so that I am going to Chicago on Weds to see him play there. Loved the new stuff he was playing. My friend Debby has never seen him and only knows him from American Idol playing him. She stole my CD out of my car on the way home. Have a great day and thanks again, LW
***************************
Hey Allan Fee!!! It was great seeing you at the concert last night. It was an awesome show. I love Daniel's music and it was great seeing it live. His music is so different from alot of other stuff I've heard and he has an amazing vocal range. It was so cool that he referred to Cleveland as his "hometown", seeing as we were the first ones to hear "Bad Day". It makes me proud to be a Q104 listener! I know he's going to be on your show this morning, I just want him to know how much I appreciated seeing him and that I can't wait for him to come back. I can't wait to hear more of his new stuff! Give him a hug for me!!! (and remember, no patting!) Thanks for listening to my Powter ramblings! I'm feelin' the love! -Jamie



be@peace ~a

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree!! Daniel is an amazing artist and a great guy!! :0)

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home