Wednesday, June 28, 2006

LEMONADE STANDS


There is a special place in my heart for lemonade stands. Today marks the first time ever that my daughter put together her own lemonade stand. Gabby is still perfecting her craft. Although she uses freshly squeezed lemons, she tends to make it a tad watery. In the picture, note the huge sack of sugar to help mask any shortcomings. Clearly, my daughter is part of the Starbuck's generation...she is charging 50 cents a small cup. Earlier this summer, I stopped at a stand in the subdivision and only paid 10 cents. I guess price gouging isn't limited to just the oil companies.

In my adult life, I have never passed on stopping at a lemonade stand. To me, it's such an awesome feeling to see how happy the kids are when you pay top dollar for their effort. Every kid should have a lemonade stand at some point in their life. It teaches the kids so much and helps remind us what bein' a kid is all about. It's only a matter of time before our kids will be asking for cell phones and computers. Encourage them to start a lemonade stand while there is still time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home